Friday, October 22, 2010

"That's Important to Me" by JOEY+RORY - OFFICIAL VIDEO


em>

A few years ago, I stumbled upon this husband/wife Country Duo on "Can You Duet?" It was a Country Music competition on CMT, like "American Idol". (I believe Ryan Seacrest actually produced it...but don't hold me to that.) Anyway, as I watched the two of them, I thought to myself, "These people are honest to goodness real and loving people." Their actions and words spoke volumes to me. They didn't win the competition, but they won me over!

I am not a Traditional Country Music fan. Not at all. I am a Pop Country fan. That is all you'll find me listening to these days, unless my kids are making me listen to something else. Artists such as Carrie Underwood, Miranda Lambert, and even Gloriana top the list of my "favs" at this moment. But, Joey and Rory have a special place in my heart. Their music is pure, simple, and has a way of calming my nerves and easing away stress. I especially like to listen to it in the fall...I don't know why. Maybe it's the changing leaves falling to the ground ,or the crisp autumn air that makes me think of harvested fields, bales of hay, and the slow pace of farm life. I don't know. But, it soothes my soul and carries me off to another place far far away where schedules don't matter, and the only sense of time is told by the sun. Aahhhh....

This new song, "That's Important To Me" hits home, and says all too well how I feel about MY life. Well, all except the gardening part...unless you consider one tomato plant, one jalepeno plant, and a few flower pots on the porch and under the deck to be Gardening. And, let's just say Joey's version and my version of a home-cooked meal may differ a bit. Making dinner and eating around the table are important to me, but making bread from scratch ain't gonna happen! But, I do try to provide balanced and yummy tasting meals that are COOKED IN MY HOME. So......it may not be good old-fashioned Home Cookin', but it's MY version of Home Cookin'. And, as long as my family is together and around the table, it doesn't really matter...to ME.

~ Danette

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful New Song & Video~Brought Big Ole Tears streaming down my Face~Cause like you said~It hit Home.Thats what My Life was like until a Divorce over other,"Women". Thanks soo much for what you do & sharing this:)Gby Always,NaNetta

    ReplyDelete

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy."~Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.











Blog Archive

Followers